An international consulting firm headquartered in London is seeking a corporate attorney for its Austin office with experience in mergers and acquisitions to support its U.S. Corporate Development Team. This role will report to the GC in London but work closely with the business development team to analysis, negotiate and structure acquisitions, mergers, and dispositions. Qualified candidates will have at least 8 years of experience in private practice as a corporate transactional attorney or in-house supporting a corporate development team.
- Provide expert advice and support on mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions to the U.S. Corporate Development Team.
- Work closely with the business development team to analyze, negotiate, and structure various corporate transactions.
- Coordinate with the General Counsel (GC) in London, keeping them updated on transaction-related activities and matters.
- Draft, review, and amend transactional documents, including contracts, agreements, and other legal paperwork, to ensure compliance and protect the interests of the firm.
- Conduct comprehensive legal due diligence for all proposed transactions.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies related to mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on complex business and corporate law matters.
- Keep abreast of evolving laws, regulations, and industry trends related to corporate transactions.
- Support the negotiation and execution of transactional deals.
- Foster strong relationships with clients and stakeholders, ensuring their business needs are adequately addressed.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law in the state of Texas or eligible for admission on motion.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as a corporate transactional attorney, either in a private practice or in-house supporting a corporate development team.
- Solid experience in mergers and acquisitions.
- Proficient in contract drafting, negotiation, and legal compliance.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to understand and address complex corporate transactions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with business development teams.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and gravitas.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, managing multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines.