The Austin office of an AmLaw 50, international law firm with a top corporate practice is seeking a 3-5 year associate for its Corporate and Business Transactions Group. This attorney will focus on M&A transactions, joint ventures, and private equity deals. Qualified candidates will have prior experience working on mergers and acquisitions in a large law firm setting.
- Actively engage in and manage M&A transactions, ensuring legal due diligence, deal negotiation and execution.
- Play a key role in structuring, negotiating, and managing joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Facilitate and negotiate private equity deals, supporting clients throughout the transaction process.
- Draft, review, and amend contracts, agreements, and other legal documents to ensure the best interest of the firm’s clients.
- Conduct comprehensive legal research and analysis related to corporate and business transactions.
- Deliver strategic advice and legal consultations to clients, providing clarity on complex business transaction matters.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of attorneys and paralegals, fostering a cooperative and productive work environment.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, working towards understanding their business models, objectives, and legal needs.
- Stay abreast of current laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting corporate transactions and update the team accordingly.
- Contribute to the overall growth and reputation of the firm through quality work, client satisfaction, and active participation in firm-related activities.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law in the state of Texas or eligible for admission on motion.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a large law firm, specifically in the field of corporate and business transactions.
- Proven track record of managing M&A transactions, joint ventures, and private equity deals.
- Strong legal research and writing skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to clearly convey complex legal information to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and review a wide array of legal documents, including contracts and agreements.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
- Solid understanding of corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.