The General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer serves as an integral member of the senior management team, and will be responsible for managing all aspects of legal and compliance. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented executive with 5-10 years of hedge fund, private equity, alternative investment, wealth management or registered investment advisor experience coupled with a strong understanding of the administrative and servicing aspects of running the industry leading IDF administrative platform. Seeking candidates with a proven track record of effective compliance management, general counsel, communication, people management, and business acumen to work closely with the leaders of the firm to drive growth.
Speak to a Legal Recruiter
- This person will be responsible for supervision of the dozens of legal entities within the company umbrella, and will be heavily involved in all aspects of the day-to-day legal and compliance aspects of running the firm and our funds.
- As part of the executive team, we will look to this person for guidance on all company legal matters. Additionally, this individual will manage all of the compliance and regulatory aspects of the firm, working with third-party fund administrators, hedge funds, insurance carriers, and external insurance brokers.
- Serve as key lawyer/legal advisor on major business transactions
- Negotiate, write, and execute agreements and contracts.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- JD Degree from an accredited law school
- Active member of the Texas state bar in good standing and have the highest ethical standards
- 5-10 years of relevant law firm experience (Financial services/Hedge Fund experience a plus)
- Additional in-house experience with an investment management firm strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing a successful team
- Superior managerial, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills a must
- Excellent drafting, negotiating and analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks; lead strategically and advance innovative solutions.
- Exceptional business and legal acumen; ability to identify and diagnose legal problems and articulate creative and practical solutions and alternatives.
- Top candidates will be appropriately credentialed and will have the appropriate level of broad-based corporate and/or securities legal experience within a law firm, in-house legal department or other hedge fund. Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in the legal and compliance aspects of the hedge fund business are expected in qualified candidates.
- Annual compensation package is commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, life, disability, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, Profit Sharing, and other voluntary benefits
- Relocation packages are available for top-level quality candidates